In addition to our regularly published release notes, we wish to draw attention to the following 12 high impact changes introduced with EtaPRO 10.5. Please review these and the release notes before upgrading. If you have any questions about the following, please submit a request.
Table of Contents
Upgrade to .NET 4.8
- EtaPRO has been upgraded to .NET 4.8. Installation of the .NET 4.8 framework will be required on server computers, client computers, and interface computers if it is not already installed. Installation files can be downloaded here: Microsoft .NET 4.8 Framework Offline Installer for Windows
Changes to EtaPRO Security
- EtaPRO security is disabled by default. Users need to either switch to windows security or opt in and enable EtaPRO security mode. Buttons are provide on the EtaPRO service manager to make this process simpler.
When you click the "Make Current User an Administrator For All Units" button, you will see a series of prompts to help set security. First, the SQL authentication form is displayed:
Clicking "OK" on this form will confirm addition of the new administrator:
With the change in default authentication to Windows, and disabling of EtaPRO authenticaiton, the User Management now shows only Windows authentication:
Moving EPReporter Reports to Unit Databases
- EPReporter reports have been moved into the unit databases. For upgraded systems, they will be in the first unit. If the user wants them in a different unit they will need to be moved manually.
A new "Unit" column has been added to EPReporter:
Changes to EPReporter Security
- EPReporter reports security is now done on a per unit basis. If users have problems viewing or working with reports, they should review their security settings.
EPReporter security removed from User Management form:
Removal of SpreadsheetGear for EPReport Generation
- The SpreadsheetGear method of processing EPReports has been deprecated. All report will now use the more advanced DevExpress method. This change is visible in the EPReporter Configuration Utility:
Unit Based Shift Schedules
- Shift schedules are per unit basis instead of per plant basis. Upon upgrade the shift settings that were in the plant will be cloned to all units. Users will need or want to enter different shift settings if the units have different shift setting.
EtaPRO Server 64-bit
- The EtaPRO server is now only a 64 bit application. If a user has a 32 bit computer (unlikely), they will either have to migrate to a 64 bit computer or contact us for a 32 bit setup routine. The server software will now be installed under “C:\Program Files” instead of “C:\Program Files (x86)”. The client software is still 32 bit and will be installed under “C:\Program Files (x86)”. If the user used the default OPSCenter directory, they will have an empty 32 bit server directory with the old OPSCenter files they may have placed in it. They might what to consider updating the OPSCenter directory location.
User Defined Formula Engineering Unit Conversion
- The database tables for equation points has been modified. There are now multiple tables, but, the old table remains in case a roll back to 10.4 is necessary. As a reminder, all data point changes should be made using the EtaPRO tools. Direct database manipulation is discouraged.
In addition, a unit conversion tool has been added to User Defined Formula Independent Variables:
Engineering Unit Database Configuration Error Alarms
- Engineering Unit Conversion Errors - A pink Database Configuration Errror alarm will now be generated for unit conversion errors. However, the errors are only generated if the user opts in by selecting “Show Engineering Unit Conversion Errors” on the unit settings form. For upgraded systems, the setting will not be selected. For new systems it will. If a user wants to verify Engineering unit conversion errors, they will need to manually enable the setting and then resolve the engineering unit conversion errors that are generated.
Addition of Latitude and Longitude Configuration Settings
- Latitude and Longitude – Pop-up trends, EPTrendSetter trends, and the Asset Editor now have time- based filters. One of the options for time-based filters is to use the Sunset and Sunrise time. To use the Sunset and Sunrise time, the user needs to provide a Latitude and Longitude for the system. This is entered on the Unit Settings form.
Changes to EPAccumulator Data Points
- EPAccumulator data points are now a separate data point type. All other forms for EPAccumulator data points remain the same.
Introduction of Polar Charts
- Polar Charts have been added to EtaPRO Screen Builder and EPTrendSetter.